Purpose. This Policy has been developed to ensure our donors that their information will not be sold or shared with any organizations or third parties and to make donors aware of how the MMRF collects, uses and discloses a donor’s information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- From our website www.themmrf.org (our “Website”).
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages and/or communications between a donor and our Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- From written and/or typed communications between you and MMRF.
- From written forms and/or sign-ups collected at MMRF events.
- From any other method of transmitting information (whether electronically or otherwise) to the MMRF.
Type Of Information Collected. Below are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain (“Personal Information”):
- Contact Information: name (individual and/or organization/company), physical address, telephone number, email address, and other electronic contact information (such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Myspace accounts).
- Payment Information: credit card number (and expiration date), billing information (such as individual/company name, physical address, telephone number).
- Other Information: occupation/employer information, donation information/history, and participation at MMRF events.
How We Use Your information. The MMRF uses Personal Information collected about you or that you provide us (i) to present our Website and its contents to you, (ii) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, (iii) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, (iv) to respond to your inquiries and requests for information, (v) to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, (vi) to communicate with you about our programs and services, (vii) in any other way we may describe to you when you provide the Personal Information (viii) to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, and (ix) for any other purposes with your consent.
How We Disclose Your Information. The MMRF discloses Personal Information collected about you or that you provide us (i) to our subsidiaries and affiliates, (ii) to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, (iii) for any purpose disclosed by you when you provide the Personal Information, (iv) with your consent, (v) to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures, (vi) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the Personal Information, or (vii) to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Except as described in this Policy or at the time we request or collect the Personal Information, we do not sell, share, trade, rent or lease your Personal Information to other organizations or third parties nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations without the donor’s permission.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. If you no longer wish to receive communications from the MMRF, please contact the MMRF to request such removal from its database at [email protected].
Contacting Us. If you have comments or questions about our Policy, please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at (203) 229-0464.