At the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, Inc. (“MMRF”), we respect and protect the privacy of all visitors and users of our web site www.themmrf.org (our “Website”). This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. MMRF is the sole owner of any information collected on its Website.
We do not sell, share or rent this information to others. MMRF collects information from users and visitors to our Website for the sole purpose of analyzing visitor interests, administering the site, tracking movement, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, however, the visitor IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website,
which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), for our MMRF EEA Privacy Notice.
Children Under Age 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details when accessing our Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- When you fill out forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- From records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- From your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- From details of transactions you carry out through our Website and from the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites
- First party cookies are set by the site you are visiting
- Third party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting
Cookies Served Through our Services
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Services and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Services and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Services, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our Services function.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you in order to enhance your experience.
[Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. [For more information, see the Targeted online advertising section below.]]
Other Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party partners may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Services, or in the case of web beacons, opened an email that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Services to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have reached our Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of marketing campaigns. While you may not have the ability to specifically reject or disable these tracking technologies, in many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly; accordingly, in those instances, declining cookies will impair functioning of these technologies.
Targeted online advertising
We work with a variety of advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies (“Ad Partners”) that use technologies to collect data about your use of our Services (such as pages visited, ads viewed or clicked on) as well as your IP address, device identifier or mobile advertising identifier, in order to deliver relevant advertising.
These technologies may include the placement on our Services of cookies or web beacons, and other tracking technologies (as described in the Data We Automatically Collect section of our Privacy Notice) by these Ad Partners to track how our Services are being used, to track where users go and what they do after their leave our Services, and to link various devices you may use, and to serve you more relevant ads. These advertisements may appear on our Services or other services that you visit.
For more information about how Ad Partners use the information collected by the technologies on our Services and your options to opt out of such collection, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of additional third party advertising networks by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s website and following the directions.
The opt-outs described above are device- and browser-specific and may not work on all devices. If you choose to opt-out through any of these opt-out tools, this does not mean you will cease to see advertising. Rather, the ads you see will just not be based on your interests.]
How Can You Control Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Browser Controls: Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. For more information about how to reject, disable or delete cookies, please review your browser’s help menu or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features, services, applications or tools available through the Services that are only available through the use of these technologies.
Disabling Most Targeted Online Advertising: As discussed above, advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted online advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of targeted online advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your mobile device and following the instructions.
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Services do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. We take privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard. To learn more about “DNT”, please visit All About Do Not Track.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to use, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to your inquiries and requests for information.
- To fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter.
- To communicate with you about our programs and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Inadvertent disclosures may result, for example, when third parties misrepresent their identities in asking the site for access to personally identifiable information about themselves for purposes of correcting possible factual errors in the data. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The laws of certain countries and regions require specific information to be included in a privacy notice. Please click below to review country/region-specific information applicable to you.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area.
- If you are a resident of California, United States.
- Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
User Generated Content
Some of our Online Platforms enable users to submit their own content for testimonials, contests, blogs, videos, and other functions. Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to our Online Platforms may become public information. You should exercise caution in such submissions or posts. We cannot prevent others from using such data in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. We are not responsible for the results of such postings.
Updates to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be revised as required. If we make any changes in the way we use Personal Data, we will post notice of the changes on our Online Platforms. The updated notice will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following the posting. You can determine when this Notice was last revised by checking the Last Updated date at the start of the Notice.
Managing Communication Preferences
If you have opted in to our marketing communications (or where permitted by law, if you have provided us or we have obtained your contact information), we may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services depending on the method of communication selected. You may ask us not to do so when you access our Online Platforms. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information below or by following the unsubscribe instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements, flyers or postcards, please write to us at the address set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please be sure to include your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on the printed marketing materials you received.
Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing communications via email, please send an unsubscribe request to the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below or click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you and follow the directions on the resulting web page. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional electronic messages from us.
Text Messages: If you have consented to receive text messages, you may opt out of receiving them by using the method provided in the text message or by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Push Notifications: To opt out of receiving push notifications, please set your preferences within your device setting menu.
For instructions on how you can access the personally identifiable information that MMRF has collected about you online, or how to correct factual errors in such information, please send an email, along with your first and last name, to email@example.com.
Visitors to www.themmrf.org who make monetary contributions through the web site (“donors”) are asked to provide information, which is kept on a proprietary database (name, affiliation, and postal address only). This information will not be shared or sold with other organizations.
Our Online Platforms also include features like buttons and widgets hosted by other companies (for example, the Twitter “Tweet” button). Some of these features collect Personal Data or other information such as IP address and your actions on our Online Platforms. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of these third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of those third parties to learn about their personal data and privacy practices.